All of Explore Mesopotamia Tours are specially designed for each customer. We just need general information about when you wish to come, how many will be in your group and what you are most interested in seeing or doing. We will then send you a proposed itinerary and work with you to revise it to meet your specific needs and desires.
Please complete a tour application form so that we can know more about you or your company and be better able to serve you.
When all of the details have been worked out and you are satisfied with the itinerary, a deposit of 10% of the tour price will be required at the time of booking to secure hotels, guide, and block the dates requested. The balance is due 45 days prior to the tour date.
Please note that some seasons are heavily booked, some as much as a year in advance and early booking is advisable. Bookings and deposit should be made at least 60 days in advance. For exceptions to the deadline, please contact us.
Funds should be wired to:
All cancellations should be made in writing to our mailing or e-mail address.
- 60 to 31 days prior to departure – loss of deposit
- 30 days or less – 100% of tour price
We strongly advise passengers to obtain travelers and trip cancellation insurance before departure. Please see the following websites for information on all types of insurance. Please note these companies are not associated with Explore Mesopotamia – Information provided is for your convenience only and Explore Mesopotamia is not responsible for the content (other insurance arrangements can be made as desired):
Tour price includes:
- Best available hotels in Kurdistan. Accommodation is based on double occupancy.
- All meals inside Kurdistan at best available restaurants including bottled water and soft drinks at meals and on the bus.
- All tours including entrance fees
- Transportation including air-conditioned bus, airport transfers and professional driver (all hotel and food expenses for driver included)
- Experienced Local Guide who will take care of all logistics on the tour (all hotel and food expenses for guide included)
- Gratuities (porters, waiters, etc.), except for traditional tips to the Guide/Driver which are optional and completely at the discretion of the guest
- Luggage transfers
- Special security where required
Options at additional cost (please contact us for details):
- Single accommodation
- Experienced Tour Scholar who will accompany the tour in Kurdistan from beginning to end and lecture on all sites and other subjects as required (such as local politics and economy). All hotel and food expenses for Scholar are included.
Tour cost does not include:
- Visa fees, alcoholic beverages, long distance telephone calls, laundry, room service or other personal items and air fares to and from Kurdistan and travel insurance
There are no specific health issues in areas we visit. We advise tour participants to carry necessary medications in their carryon in case of lost luggage. Some medicines are unavailable in Kurdistan.
Apart from its Custom Tours, Explore Mesopotamia Tours is also the agent for several large Adventure Tour Companies in The USA, Europe and Australia. If you prefer to travel in a larger group on a scheduled tour we can introduce you directly to the companies we represent. Keep in mind that these companies have fixed schedules and itineraries and you will need to fit into their schedule rather than design your own. Contact us for more details on this option.
(All information is kept confidential)